We pride ourselves on looking after our customers not only through the sales process but after the purchase. So please follow our guide below if you have a problem with your new home that you need to tell us about.
Defects and maintenance
Please note that all defects and/or maintenance must be reported to the After Sales Department (not the site or sales office) in writing (as required by NHBC) by telephone on 01384 446 221 for urgent calls or by email.
If an emergency occurs during office hours, Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm please call our customer care team on 01384 446 221.
Outside of these hours our support company NPA 24/7 will take your call and resolve all emergencies within 4 hours (non-emergencies will be referred back to our after sales team and will be actioned the next working day). Call NPA 24/7 on 0345 307 3605. For more information on this service, please click here.
After sales fact sheet:
- When you purchase a new home from Kendrick Homes, you can be confident that it has been constructed to our exacting standards. As a result it comes complete with a 10 year Warranty from NHBC (National House Building Council).
- The warranty provides a guarantee that runs for a 10 year period to cover against any major structural defects to your home. For the first two of these ten years, the Kendrick Homes Customer Care Department will be on hand to assist you with any issues that you may have with your new home.
- All kitchen appliances in the property do not form part of the Kendrick warranty. Please take the time on moving in to register your appliances directly with the manufacturer. You will find appliance instruction booklets and serial numbers within the homeowner pack. Please note appliances are warranted for 12 months. Additional cover is available at an extra cost.
- Boiler systems and unvented hot water storage cylinders are covered for the two year warranty with Kendrick Homes. Please note this warranty will become null and void if the homebuyer does not have an annual service carried out at their cost on these items.
- All defects should be put in writing to our Customer Care Department, either on the Aftersales Defect Form included in your Welcome Pack, by facsimile, e-mail, by post or by our contact page.
- Please only phone the office in the event of an emergency. An example of an emergency is Burst pipes where the water cannot be contained, i.e incoming cold main or central heating pipes. Leaks on waste pipes are not classed as an emergency as non use of the basin, bath or toilet will prevent further leakage.
- Other emergencies would be total loss of electric supply or heating or lock failure on external doors.
- We endeavour to attend to less urgent defects within 7 to 21 days. However if we need to order certain materials this may incur additional delays.
- Please note as per your NHBC guidelines booklet, we do not attend to minor shrinkage, however should you experience nail pops (small discs of plaster that come loose and fall out of the ceiling) and shrinkage cracks in excess of 4mm wide, we will attend those.
Our Head office address:
T: 01384 446200
F: 01384 446248